As parents, we all want the best for our children, especially when it comes to their education and development. The early years of a child’s life are crucial for laying the foundation for their future learning and growth. At Inspire Kids Montessori, we offer a specialized Primary program for children starting at 3 years old, designed to foster independence, promote compassion, and build confidence all before preschool graduation.
Our Primary program is carefully structured in a three-year cycle, where children learn at their own pace and follow their unique interests while collaborating in a 3-6 years old class. During these formative years, children will be exposed to a range of carefully curated programs that encourage practical life skills, good work habits, academic explorations, and positive socialization. If you’re wondering, “what will my child learn before preschool graduation?” let’s take a closer look at the skills your child will acquire during their time in our Primary class that they’ll build on all throughout their schooling.
1. Practical Life Programs: These activities reflect everyday life tasks and encourage children to develop independence and self-sufficiency. From pouring liquids to buttoning clothes, children build essential motor skills and learn to take care of themselves and their environment. You can read more about the benefits of a practical life education here.
2. Sensorial Programs: Through various sensorial activities, like sensory boards, mixing healthy ingredients, and specially designed crafts, children engage their senses – visual, tactile, baric (weight), thermic, auditory, olfactory (smell), gustatory (taste), and stereognosis (recognizing by touch). These experiences help them refine their understanding of their senses and lay a strong groundwork for their innate curiosity.
3. Mathematics Programs: Mathematics is made fun and tangible through the use of concrete materials and visualizations. Children learn counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, developing a deep understanding of mathematical concepts instead of mere memorization. The Montessori approach to math takes numbers off the page and puts them in children’s hands with specialized Montessori tools like the bead stair, rod addition, and tons of other tangible math games.
4. Language Programs: Reading, writing, and grammar are introduced in a language-rich environment that fosters communication and language development. Children explore language at their own pace, nurturing their love for reading and self-expression. By letting every child take their time with the material, our teachers foster each child’s interest at their own pace.
5. Science Programs: Natural, physical, and biological sciences are explored through hands-on activities and experiments. Children develop a sense of wonder about the world around them, fostering their curiosity and critical thinking skills. Our beautiful outdoor space also provides children with the opportunity to explore outside and further solidifying their classroom science education.
6. Social Studies/Geography Programs: Children learn about continents, countries, land, water, and various cultures in fun and active ways, broadening their understanding of the global community. With this broader awareness of their world at an early age, your child will have an easier time adapting to a globalized community in the future.
At Inspire Kids Montessori, our Primary programs go beyond academic learning when preparing your child for preschool graduation. We focus on the total development of the child, encompassing social, physical, and academic growth. Our curriculum is well-balanced, offering enrichment programs in Music & Movements, and we even have accelerated programs for gifted children.
Enrolling your 3-year-old in our Inspire Kids Montessori Primary class will set them on a path of self-inspired learning and a lifelong love for education. The skills and experiences gained during these early years will serve as a solid foundation for their future academic and personal growth. We invite you to join our Montessori community, where your child will thrive in a safe, loving environment, surrounded by passionate educators and like-minded peers. You can sign up for a tour of our facilities here. We look forward to answering any questions you might have!